Called to Serve: The WWVP-NQR Partnership

This blog shares the excitement of mutual mission projects between members of Northern Quintana Roo Presbytery (Mexico) and Whitewater Valley Presbytery (Indiana), along with friends from Southern Indiana, Western Ohio and Northeast Iowa.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Getting ready to go


By Felipe Martinez

Well, we’re getting ready to go to NQR (Northern Quintana Roo) for our annual VBS Blitz and Dental Mission! 70 people are going on this first week (July 15 – 22) and 116 are going the second week (July 22 – 29). I’ll be posting updates from Mexico and hopefully members of the various church groups will also be posting.

Though I have been to NQR before, this will be my first time to go during the VBS Blitz. I am looking forward to connecting with the church planters of our 12 partner new church developments, seeing the children and adults at the Vacation Bible Schools as I travel from site to site, planning with coordinator Ramon Celis, coordinator Barry Sumner and the NQR commission.

As I prepare to leave tomorrow, Psalm 121 is on my mind. When I was a child, my family would drive to Mexico City or Guadalajara from Monterrey for a summer vacation to see family. Early in the morning of our departure, the ’68 Ford Galaxy 500 would be warming up, trunk fully packed, food and Coca Cola’s in the cooler, pillows in the back seat for when my brother and I decided to sleep through most of the 12 hour drive. Then mom and dad would gather us at our home’s entry way, and one of us kids would read Psalm 121 “I lift up my eyes to the hills-- from where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth… The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time on and forevermore.” Mom or dad would pray, we’d get in the car and mom would say “En nombre sea de Dios -- (We go) in God’s name” and then our journey could begin.

So, our journey begins. En nombre sea de Dios.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Blessings to the group heading down to mexico.

    The quote from Psalms, Felipe, was beautiful.

    Jean Dodds

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The pastor and people of Grace Presbyterian Church are praying for you! Dios le bendiga!

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In the joy of Christ, our redeemer, I send you greetings in good faith. May God's great love and graciousness eminate from each of you toward each other and to the many you will come in contact with. May God's glory be seen through the work you are doing for Him. May you each be blessed, so that you will be a blessing to all whom you meet. You will all to be in my prayers.

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Northminster is praying for you this morning and each day. Tell Ruth to stay healthy!

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jim and I and the rest of New Hope are praying that this week will be safe for everyone down in Mexico and the VBS experience will go well. We will be joining Felipe next week in Playa along with 100+ others from WWVP. Blessings to all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home