Called to Serve: The WWVP-NQR Partnership

This blog shares the excitement of mutual mission projects between members of Northern Quintana Roo Presbytery (Mexico) and Whitewater Valley Presbytery (Indiana), along with friends from Southern Indiana, Western Ohio and Northeast Iowa.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Sunday Evening Worship

By Felipe Martinez

I had the pleasure of worshiping with the folks from Second Pres and Nicte Ha last night (Sunday) at their regular worship service (they worship at 7pm, with Sunday School in the morning at 10). As I arrived with the folks from Second and I introduced myself to pastor Manases, he asked me if I would preach (not an uncommon request of a visting pastor). I had an inkling that such a request would come whenever I visited a church in my official capacity, so let's just say I had something ready to go. The congregation was very gracious as I preached in Spanish and English, and message of the sermon was well received.

The worship service was lively with great music performed by the worship band (1 leader playing two keyboards, a bassist, 1 drummer and two singers). The songs had great tunes and rhythms which the congregation sang along with the band.

This morning (Monday) I went to Ejido to support the Anderson/Orchard Park folks as they conducted an English class with about eight children ranging from 1st to 4th grade and a couple of parents who came with the kids. The children paid close attention and interacted as the group used songs and games to teach words and phrases in English. The women of the church prepared their Indiana guests a delicious lunch.

Tonight we will have the first night of VBS. Pray for the children and adults coming to these events in Cancun (Northmister and Columbus), Playa del Carment (Second and Anderson/Orchard Park) and Cozumel (Tab)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home