Called to Serve: The WWVP-NQR Partnership

This blog shares the excitement of mutual mission projects between members of Northern Quintana Roo Presbytery (Mexico) and Whitewater Valley Presbytery (Indiana), along with friends from Southern Indiana, Western Ohio and Northeast Iowa.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

High Impact Drama at El Milagro

by Planter Francisco Canul Maldonado and Felipe Martinez



Planter Francisco at the church at El Milagro (partnered with the Northern group) writes in an email that on the last night of the VBS at his church, after the Northern Group youth presented a drama (see images to the left), a young man approached Francisco because the drama had touched him deeply. Francisco writes:



"The last day of VBS, after the drama, a young man approached me and said 'I want to change [my life]. I have problems with drugs and alcohol; I have felt something here today and I feel like I want to give myself over to God so God can change me.' I prayed with him and I took him to my house where he spent the night. The next day, after breakfast, I took him to a pastor friend of mine who has a Rehabilitation Center where the Word of God is taught and preached. Likewise there were people at VBS who had stopped attending their churches (from several denominations) and they were led to be reconciled to God, and they decided to return to church. Thank you so much, my beloved brothers and sisters.

Just a servant, Francisco Canul"


A scene from VBS at El Milagro















Planter Francisco (left) with the young man (right)
who is asking God to change his life.
Please keep him in your prayers.















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home