Called to Serve: The WWVP-NQR Partnership

This blog shares the excitement of mutual mission projects between members of Northern Quintana Roo Presbytery (Mexico) and Whitewater Valley Presbytery (Indiana), along with friends from Southern Indiana, Western Ohio and Northeast Iowa.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

NQR leaders help teach Bilingual VBS in Indiana

by Felipe Martínez
After over 200 presbyterians from Indiana and Ohio went to Northern Quintana Roo to help with 12 Vacation Bible Schools (plus helped with construction projects and held a week-long dental clinic), it was time for 5 NQR leaders to come up to Indianapolis to help with one of two bilingual VBS taking place in the presbytery (July 31 - Aug 4, 2006). They will also help lead the bilingual Campo Amistad (Aug 7 -11, 2006) .
Here are our guests from Mexico:

My name is Manuela Ek de Novak. I belong to the "Nueva Jerusalén" (New Jerusalem) Presbyterian Church in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, México. It has been a blessing for our Presbytery of Northern Quintana Roo and your presbytery of Whitewater Valley to be in partnership. This is the third time I have come to participate in the bilingual VBS in Indianapolis. I am a wedding coordinator in Playa del Carmen and I help my husband Scott Novak with a magazine called "Playa del Carmen Tourist Information Magazine." One of our blessings is our daughter Pauline Marie who is almost 10 years old and is bilingual. She joins me once again to participate in this year's VBS. What a blessing from our Lord it is to be able to share with other people the wonderful plan of salvation. God bless you.

My name is Elizabeth Velasco. I am 38 years old and I am a member of the "Puerta del Cielo" (Heaven's Door) Presbyterian Church in Cancún, Quintana Roo, México. My husband's name is Jonathan Forcada and we have two children, Abraham (9) and Isaac (7).
My husband and I are in charge of the Vacation Bible School at our church. This summer we had 170 children attending.
I give God thanks for giving me the opportunity to work and contribute to this bilingual mission in Whitewater Valley Presbytery. This is my second time helping with the VBS in Indianapolis.

My name is Rubi Jimena but my friends call me Jimena. I just completed my first year of medical school in Merida, the city where I was born. Though I was born in Mérida, I have actually lived my whole life in Cancún. Since my childhood. I have attended Emanuel Presbyterian Church in Cancún and I have grown along with the congregation from its days as a small mission until today, now that it is a beautiful presbyterian church, always serving God and the community. As a 20 year old, I give God thanks for giving me the opportunity to help with VBS at John Knox for the second year in a row and to be able to get to know this beautiful community.


Juan Gabriel Noh Xul is the planter at Getsemaní­ Presbyterian Church in Puerto Aventuras, which is the partner church for First Presbyterian Church in Noblesville. "Juanito," as he is affectionatelly known, is helping with the adult class at the Bilingual VBS held at John Knox every evening during the first week of August. This is Juanito's first trip to Whitewater Valley, and he is spending most of his day meeting people from his partner church in Noblesville. The second week in August Juanito will help Fabio with Campo Amistad at Camp Pyoca, along with the other leaders visiting from Mexico.

My name is Gabriel Luna. I live in Cancun, Mexico. I am married and we have two boys. I was born in a Christian family but I made my decision for Jesus when I was 8 years old, and since then I have been involved in the work of my church doing volunteer work with the groups that come to Cancun from the United States to work and help in my church every summer.
Also, I have had the blessing from God to be able to teach his Word in Sunday School, VBS, etc. and in other opportunities. Currently my wife and I are in charge of the teenage group in my church, which has been a blessing to us as we help them and counsel them through those difficult years of life.
We are so grateful to our God that he has given us the opportunity to work and serve in his Kingdom and we are expecting better and greater things from him for our family and ministry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home